If you’re looking for information on Fitbit setup, that can only mean one thing: you’re ready to live a healthier lifestyle, one step at a time.
Whether you’re a marathoner or a casual fitness fan, a Fitbit can be a great way to easily and seamlessly track your activities. But in order to get started, you’ll have to setup Fitbit with your smartphone or computer. Check out our instructions and videos below to turn your device into an all-in-one activity tracker — then, get moving!
Fitbit Setup: Creating Your Profile
Before you can start using your Fitbit, you’ll need to create an account. That way, all your personal information and activity history is stored in one place — so if you ever lose your Fitbit or upgrade your device, you’ll always have an account to fall back on.
Here’s how to create your profile:
- In your phone’s settings, turn on Bluetooth.
- Search for "Fitbit" in your app store. Download and open the app.
- Tap “Join Fitbit.”
- Enter the email address and password you want to use to create your account.
- Enter your personal stats to create your profile. The app will ask for your height, weight, gender, and birthday.
Create Your Profile In The Fitbit App For iPad
Having trouble setting up your Fitbit for iPad? Follow the steps below.
- Download the Fitbit app from the App Store.
- Launch Fitbit from the home screen.
- Tap "Join Fitbit."
- Enter your email address and password to create your account.
- Enter your height, weight, gender, and birthday.
Fitbit Setup: Setting Up Your Device
Once you’ve created your account, you’ll need to setup your Fitbit device. Fortunately, this process is pretty intuitive once you follow the instructions on your app’s screen — but make sure you’ve turned Bluetooth on beforehand!
- In the Fitbit app, tap “Account.”
- Select “Set Up A Device.”
- Select the Fitbit device you want to use.
- Place your Fitbit next to your phone. Follow the instructions on your phone to help your Fitbit app find your device.
- A four-digit pairing code will show up on your Fitbit's display. Enter that code into the app. Your Fitbit will sync to your app. You’re ready to start tracking!
Don’t want to use your smartphone for your Fitbit setup? No problem! To set up your Fitbit with a Mac or PC, read our guide to set up Fitbit Connect!